Here is the type of chimney I want in my snug. I am getting either of the two stoves I have images of above, both stoves are Irish Waterford Stanley wood burning stoves which will heat the room, more than 9 radiators and water. Both stoves are nearly €2,000. It's expensive! But worth it in the end I hope as it will keep the house nice and cosy. Now I have to look out for a timber rustic beam for over the stove.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Popular Posts
-
"God made the country, and man made the town" William Cowper All images above are my own. I love life in the Irish Countryside...
-
Wishing you all a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day from Ireland :) Here are a few of my own photographs of my lovely Emerald Isle, hope yo...
-
As some of you may be aware IKEA House Call contacted me earlier in the Autumn time through my blog. I was very surprised when their marketi...
-
I have never put a photograph of myself on my blog before, but here goes! I have been blogging long enough now. I am married almost a year,...
-
{ Dulux } "A fundamental Truth: Man Needs Colour" This quote by the architect Le Corbusier states the need for colour in our l...
-
My Goals for 2010 Remember a goal is a dream with a deadline! No.1 Eat healthier so instead of biscuits with mugs of tea- replace with c...
-
L ove, beminnen, liefhebben, rakastaa, amour, liebe, liben, szeretet, amore, amare, amor, diligo, amor, gra..... { Karin Taylor } It...
-
Here in Ireland the largest Irish owned retailers are Dunnes Stores (some of you have already heard of them).Their stores are dotted throug...
-
Last Sunday we went exploring as the weather was nice, below are a few images of took of one of the local lakes with the sky reflecting in t...


My stove is very similar to the one on the bottom right. We are also having a rustic type beam and have used the top right pic as inspiration so hope you dont think I am a copycat. Great minds think alike, I say.
ReplyDeleteI think they are worth the expense and it will be a great help to you in the winter.
Our beam is quite heavy so we are thinking of ways of putting it there.
We are also putting some bricks behind our fire. I will post about it today. I am having probs thinking of coloursfor the rest of our house. Maybe you will have some suggestions.
Great pics as ever,
Tracy
Those keep everything warm! My Aunt who used to live in Northern California had one and it kept the whole house warm!! Good idea for You!!!
ReplyDeleteThank-you for the visit. I had a stove like that...when our power went out...invaluable! Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteWe have a woodburner and they are lovely. 2000 Euros seems a lot for one though, you can get some lovely ones a lot cheaper, the saving you can then spend on wood to fill it :-)
ReplyDelete