All things rural....

At work last week I had to go to the National Ploughing Championships which is a showcase of Irish agricultural and rural industry. You can see all types of ploughing at it but some people go to it and never see any ploughing as they just visit all the stalls and exhibits. Last year around 180,000 people visited this three day event and it is now in its 80th year. It is one of Europe's largest outdoor exhibitions and agricultural trade shows with around 1,000 exhibitors. If your looking for anything agricultural related you'll see it there! I bought a few handmade items including one of these lovely handcrafted contemporary jugs by Thomas Diem in the food and craft village. It will look lovely on my new dresser!




5 comments:

  1. The colour is great on this jugs - great for display or to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those jugs, wish I had been there too. Looking forward to pics of the new dresser, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo,lovely! The colour is gorgeous. It sounds like a great event. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour is amazing. Thomas is an amaing potter and is a friend of mine! I shall pass on your lovely post to him. Sinead

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pottery, I specially love that wonderful colour. I wonder what glaze he uses.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts