School time...

While on our drive on Sunday, we stopped by the entrance to this school, some of my boyfriend's cousins went here as boarders. As I am interested in architecture I really like it. It also reminds me of the books I read as a youngster Malory Towers. Did you like school? Were you a boarder. I was a day pupil, I loved primary school but secondary school I didn't like as much. I didn't study that much but got enough points to go on to University- 3 in total. I studied for over 18 years, am I mad.... I was an eternal study for awhile. But I learned alot and about so many subjects but I also know that alot of people who are very academic minded are not necessarily streetwise or personally well developed, some almost lack social skills. That's my thought for today, and we never stop learning do we?

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful school! Looks very posh indeed!

    You are so right about lifelong learning, I did not go to university until I was 35 and then did a 6 year stint getting a degree and a Masters! My mum is 66 and is doing her Masters! She told me that there are older ladies there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Malory Towers! Another book I loved was the Faraway Tree. I also loved a book called Charlotte Sometimes, but not sure who wrote it.
    I know what you mean. A lot of people stay in academia all their lives and become lecturers and they seem a bit bonkers sometimes. I went to uni later, at 24 as I messed up when I was young. I love learning though. I think I could e a student forever!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I relate to Holly at Decorate and I love her blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible building... I'd imagine you couldn't help but feel studious inside its walls... gxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always thought that once we stop learning, we stop living and it's surprising how many new little things I learn all the time. I have encountered many people who are book-smart but not street-smart which isn't necessarily a good thing though.
    Sorry I haven't been by for a while - it's been a crazy couple of months! So sad to leave the green of Ireland for all brown of Dubai but it should only be about 2-3 years so I think I can manage. The heat though, maybe not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Malory Towers too (and to Romi and Bob above I love Faraway tree too, I'm sure I saw it in a shop the other day!) . I love learning, although at uni I was definitely looking forward to it finishing at the same time. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, but it feels as if we'll never know enough about anything.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Malory Towers too and the Chalet School series.
    I've been attending the University of Life for years, the best education I know.

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts