What I've been up to this weekend...

Well its Saturday evening here in Ireland and I'm relaxing watching an episode of Escape to the Country which I taped yesterday. I did alot of house work this weekend, hoovering, changing bed clothes, cooking, dusting and cleaning. Here are some of the beautiful clean soft bed clothes on my bed :)

Here is the patchwork quilt I have on my bed at the moment. I really love the pink colours, I didn't make it myself- I wish I was that good. My mother bought it for me years ago when I was a child and I love it :)
I thought it would look pretty with my grey quilt cover.

Here is a photograph of my yummy shepards pie, everyone loved it so I'll be making it again soon :)
Here are the few hearts I made on my new sewing machine, I'm learning. I still have to stuff them so they are still open at the bottom to put the stuffing in. I'm only a learner so you will have to excuse the odd shaped hearts, I did use a perfect template but practice will make perfect.

12 comments:

  1. Hi - really like the colours in your quilt too. You'll be glad to hear the ostriches are no more! I heard they contracted some sort of incurable disease!! G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely - very nostalgic!I am kind of a beginner on the sewing machine too- I will be interested in your comments and advice on sewing the hearts closed which is where I seem to have trouble!Good Luck...
    Warm Wishes,
    Cally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Escape to the country is one of my favourite programmes! lovely quilt and hearts.

    Bellaboo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour,
    That is a lovely quilt, and the fact that you've kept it since you were a little girl makes it even more special. The colourful hearts turned out great.
    Bon week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quilt! Your hearts will be lovely when you get them stuffed...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thank you so much for your lovely comment :)

    The hearts get so much easier to make and once stuffed you can squidge them around a bit to fill in any gaps, heehee! I think you're brave using a sewing machine, I am so rubbish with them and scared of them!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love some of your Shepard's Pie...yummy! Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos...I made sure to officially become a follower so I can keep up with your posts, etc.

    Fondly, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is precious!!!
    That reminds me I have a friendship quilt still to put together from around ten years ago when I took quilting class and four of us became good friends so decided to make 2 squares for each person (we each had to make 8) I never had the time to put mine together, Maybe I'll get it out.
    Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely weekend practising all the domestic arts, good for you,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Well done you hunny....your hearts look great...be patient and you'll be burning rubber with that machine soon!
    I LOVE escape to the country...if only I could move...aaahhhh never mind maybe one day????
    Hugs Karen x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so much for your kind comments, Cally was asking me about closing the hearts when I have them stuffed, mmm I hadn't even thought of that one yet, thanks for reminding me. I'm glad some of ye also watch Escape to the Country, I love when they go to Devon and Somerset and visit really quaint country cottages :) It's Sunday midday here so I hope you all have a lovely day whatever your up to.

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped by from Tracey's. I love the colours of that quilt, they are my colours!!

    As everyone said those hearts will look different again when they are stuffed.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts