A Short Book Review from Me to You...

Having read a post over at The Curious Cat blog about the book A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, I thought I had heard of the book and I was right, it was sitting at the back of my bookshelf. Thank you for reminding me :) So that night I took it out when I was off to bed and started reading it in bed every night this week as I have not been able to sleep these nights. I finished it last night. It is a very gripping story about a girl in Afghanistan, about friendship, love and alot of brutality, suffering and endurance. It was very sad and brought me to tears a number of times. I really recommend this but be warned have your hankerchief ready and don't read it if you are feeling abit down. It brings home to us the suffering some people endure and reminds me of how lucky I am in life.


6 comments:

  1. Bonjour,
    I'll be sure to put this on my reading list. I did a post on your award you so kindly passed on, hope it is okay. Thank you again!
    Hope your weekend is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one but if you liked it you should read the other book by this author:'The Kite Runner'. It's written in a very simple way with basic vocab but what emotions it triggers.... It's unputdownable!I liked it so much that I posted it on one of my blog's monthly reading lists a couple of months ago. Cheers from Gosia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. Where is my favourite header gone? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosia,
    I must look at your blog to see what you have said. I changed my header as I wanted something more cheerful :) More Spring looking :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this heart wrenching book too - the female characters still live on in my heart, and I certainly haven't got over Rasheed's brutality. An unmissable book and it really opened a window into life in Afghnistan and an appreciation for the women who have survived. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts