This weekend myself and my husband went for a night away to County Wicklow. The first stop on our whirl wind tour was Glendalough Monastic Settlement. For those of you that may not know, this is an early monastic settlement which was founded by St. Kevin in the 6th century. It is set in a glaciated valley with two lakes and beautiful scenery. It includes a superb round tower, stone churches and decorated crosses. It really is worth a visit and Michelle Obama and her two children recently visited on their trip to Ireland. Hope you enjoy the photographs. I will post more of our adventures in Wicklow in another post.
Our Weekend Away- Rural Ireland...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Popular Posts
-
My good friend Karen from Tilly Rose , passed the "Make me Smile Award" on to me, thank you so much Karen your Blog Tilly Rose al...
-
"God made the country, and man made the town" William Cowper All images above are my own. I love life in the Irish Countryside...
-
Wishing you all a wonderful Saint Patrick's Day from Ireland :) Here are a few of my own photographs of my lovely Emerald Isle, hope yo...
-
As some of you may be aware IKEA House Call contacted me earlier in the Autumn time through my blog. I was very surprised when their marketi...
-
Hello my dear friends, I hope you are all enjoying the weekend, the weather is beautiful here in Ireland :o) I haven't been bloggi...
-
I have never put a photograph of myself on my blog before, but here goes! I have been blogging long enough now. I am married almost a year,...
-
I got a lovely surprise from one of my bridesmaids for our wedding. It is a wedding pillow lovingly handcrafted by the talented Karen fro...
-
{ Dulux } "A fundamental Truth: Man Needs Colour" This quote by the architect Le Corbusier states the need for colour in our l...
-
My Goals for 2010 Remember a goal is a dream with a deadline! No.1 Eat healthier so instead of biscuits with mugs of tea- replace with c...

stunning!
ReplyDeleteWe were there three years ago in the rain!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice comments, Miss Paula we haven't had rain for the last 4 weeks here so it has been great and such a change for us :)
ReplyDeleteAll things nice...
You live in a beautiful part of the world - fab photos. Julie x
ReplyDeleteSuch stunning scenery! So pleased you've had the glorious weather too.
ReplyDeleteBellaboo X